Liuchiu, located 14 kilometers away from Pingtung Donggang oversea, is the only one coral island near Taiwan, which makes it an special island with unique environments and natural views ,especially for its intertidals.
Whenever ebbing, we can look at bountiful ecologies from shallow water such as sea urchin, sea cucumber, sea anemone...etc.The distances of the intertidals is from 3 meters to 50 meters !!
However, owing to its great environment, there are hundreds of thousands tourists visit this lovely island per year, which undoubtedly cuase great damage to Liuchiu.Therefore, to prevent its resources from being exhausted, the poeple decided that from December 1 to March 31 is the rest period for their intertidals.
Definitely, it is a perfect idea because it can effectively preserve the intertidals without invading the opportunities to make money.However, it is a spontaneous program, which means that if one violates the rules, the only solution is moral suasion, lacking coercive power.
I went to Liuchiu at last summer, and I love this beautiful island.
回覆刪除I hope that someday I can go there again!